How To Replace The Flint In Your Zippo Lighter
It’s pretty simple really.
- Flip open the lighter and pull out the body as if you were going to fill it.
- Using a flat-head screw driver, unscrew (counterclockwise) the small brass screw. You can use the edge of your case, but you might scratch it if you have a design or colored Zippo.
- Remove from that the long spring and brass seat. If your flint was just worn low, you may find it falls out here.
- Grab a new flint (you can use the Zippo brand or the Ronson brand) and drop the new flint into the hole that all this junk came out of.
- Carefully guide the spring back into the hole and screw the whole thing back into the body.
- Sniff the body for a quick buzz, or make sure you have some fluid in it.
- Slide the body back into the case.
- Give it a flick and bask in the warmth of your manly flames!